Pupils achieve their best when teachers and parents support each other in partnership.
In partnership parents and careers can expect this school to:-
- Provide a good Catholic education.
- Provide a happy, safe, orderly, caring and spiritually aware school environment.
- Provide a curriculum and teaching that will enable all children to achieve their best.
- Encourage personal, spiritual and social development, respect and self-discipline.
- Issue regular information about pupil progress and achievement and early notification of any problems.
- Be open, welcoming and supportive of parents, carers, visitors and members of the parish and local community.
- Provide a positive approach to discipline by encouraging responsible, age appropriate behaviour.
- Provide information on curriculum areas so that support can be given at home.
- Prepare children for transfer to secondary school.
In partnership, the school expects parents to:-
- Support the school's Mission Statement.
- Support their children in participating in the practices and teaching of the Catholic faith within the school setting.
- Ensure children attend school regularly and on time.
- Support our school uniform policy, as well as ensuring children bring the required equipment and books in on the appropriate days.
- Take an active interest in progress, homework and school activities.
- Support their child in any out of school activities their child is chosen for.
- Attend Parents' Evenings in Autumn and Sprint term and additionally as requested.
- Support the standards, rewards and sanctions in the school's Positive Behaviour Policy.
- Make staff aware of any concerns or problems that affect their child's life at school by firstly contacting the class teacher.
- Refrain from using Social Media to make comments which may bring the school or its staff into disrepute.
In partnership, the school and parents/carers expect each pupil to:-
- Participate in the religious life of the school.
- Work and play amicably with other children displaying good self-control.
- Arrive promptly - playground supervision is provided from 8:40am.
- Bring in reading books, homework and P.E. kit as required.
- Respect the learning of others.
- Follow the class and school rules.
- Try their best, taking increased responsibility for their learning.
- Show respect for the school premises and its resources.
- Deliver communications between home and school.
Hosted by: ICT-Hub | © St. Marys Catholic Primary School Dukinfield